MySihat Objective & Function
- To develop the capacity of organisations, including health related and community based, for health promotion.
- To plan and implement health promotion programmes and activities for the benefit of the community, with a particular focus on youth.
- To develop and support multi-strategy programmes that promotes and support healthy lifestyles and healthy environment through various settings and sectors.
- To develop and support programmes to improve population health by preventing, reducing or stopping the use of tobacco products.
- To fund research relevant to health promotion; and
- To fund and support sporting, recreational and cultural organisations to promote healthy lifestyles and healthy environments.
- To prepare guideline for giving, evaluate grant application and disburse grant.
- To determine term and conditions for giving grant, including amount that may be approved.
- To plan, develop and implement action, plans and programmes for strengthening and developing capacity for health promotion.
- To assess and determine the types and extent of health promotion activities to be supported by the Board.
- To liaise, assist and collaborate with international organization with similar missions and objectives for mutual support and development of health promotion.
- To consult with relevant government agencies and departments and non-governmental organisations affected by the operation of the Act 651.